Texas Women Lawyers will mark its 25th Anniversary 2019, and the organization has hosted its Annual Meeting and CLE every year since its inception. In honor of the occasion, TWL will host a 25th Anniversary Celebration in Corpus Christi, beginning with an Anniversary Dinner at the Texas State Aquarium on March 1st to recognize all Past Presidents and Award Recipients, followed by the CLE program at the Holiday Inn Marina Downtown on March 1st. Registrations and sponsorship opportunities are open now at Eventbrite. More details to follow soon.
See below for the program from this past year’s program, exemplifying the fantastic speakers and content that make the event such a repeated success.
- Keynote Presentation: Women Inspiring Change, An Interactive Discussion with Ann McClure, Chief Justice, Texas Eighth Court of Appeals;
- You’ve Come A Long Way: A Conversation with Hon. Ruby Sondock, First Woman Justice to Serve on Texas Supreme Court;
- Presentations to 2018 Pathfinder Award Recipient, Ann McClure, and 2018 Brenda Tso Rising Young Lawyer Award Recipient, Erin Nowell, Shareholder, Simon Greenstone Panatier Bartlett, PC;
- Welcoming Remarks by Amy O’Rourke, President, Stanton Street; Lisa Hasday, 2017-18 President of Texas Women Lawyers and U.S. Attorney’s Office; and Hon. Tanya R. Kennedy, President, National Association of Women Judges and New York State Supreme Court Justice (New York County);
- Further Remarks by Dr. Diana Natalicio, President of the University of Texas at El Paso;
- Fierce Negotiations Including Negotiating for Yourself with Laura Yeager, Your Legal Counsel, Yeager Law PLLC;
- Inspiring Impact in the Law and Beyond Through Non-Profits with Amber Allred, General Counsel and Executive Vice President, Wounded Warrior Project, Inc.;
- Being Financially Fierce: Top 10 Financial Challenges Women Face Today with Roxanne Rose, CFP, The Rose/Cates Group;
- From the Frontlines of the Pay Equity Battle with Lori Andrus, Andrus Anderson LLP;
- Impacting Law Through Social Media Collaboration with Susan Carns Curtiss, Founder of Girl Attorney, LLC;
- Legislative Update moderated by Gloria Leal, Strategic Partnerships, Inc.; and from the Texas House of Representatives, Rep. Victoria Neave, District 107; and Rep. Lina Ortega, District 77; and
- A Conversation with the Judiciary, moderated by Hon. Debra Lehrmann, Texas Supreme Court Justice; and also from the bench, Hon. Kathleen Cardone, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas; and Hon. Gina M. Benavides, Texas Thirteenth Court of Appeals.