Texas Women Lawyers has hosted its Annual Meeting and CLE for more than 20 years, and will put on another powerful program on February 16, 2018 at University of Texas El Paso School of Law. Attendees and sponsors will be able to sign up for next year’s conference through Eventbrite and this website, coming soon.
Stay tuned for details on opportunities to attend or sponsor next year’s program, and see below for an example of the fantastic speakers and content that make the event such a success year after year, like at the last program in February 2017.
- Keynote Presentation with Charla Aldous, Founder, Aldous Walker LLP;
- Leadership through Mindfulness with Shana Stein, Law Office of Shana Stein;
- Welcoming Remarks by 2016-17 TWL President, Deirdre Carey Brown, Hoover Slovacek; and Dean Jennifer Collins, SMU Dedman School of Law;
- Leadership through Writing with Bryan Garner, LawProse;
- Leadership by In-House Counsel: Boards, Budgets, and Business with Jennifer Rochon, General Counsel for the Girl Scouts, and Julia Simon, General Counsel for Mary Kay Inc., and moderator Nancye Bethurem, Division Counsel, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers;
- Leadership in the Courtroom with Maureen O’Brien (discussing criminal trials), and an introduction by Shane Read, U.S. Attorney’s Office;
- Leadership on the Bench: New Judges Tell Their Stories with Judge Theresa Chung, U.S. Merit Systems Protection Board, Judge Maame Ewusi-Mensah Frimpong, Superior Court of California, and facilitator and 2017-18 TWL President, Lisa Hasday, U.S. Attorney’s Office;
- Leadership in the Community: It Takes a Village with Audrey Mross, Senior Partner, Munck Wilson Mandala;
- Leadership in the Workplace: Why Equality Eludes Working Women with Professor Joanna Grossman, Ellen K. Solender Endowed Chair in Women and the Law, SMU Dedman School of Law;
- Communications Leadership: Lawyer Use of Social Media with John Browning, Shareholder, Passman & Jones; and Jett Hanna, SVP of Loss Prevention, Texas Lawyers’ Insurance Exchange, and moderator Helen Ashegbeyeri, Adjunct Professor, Houston Baptist University; and
- Ethical Leadership with Chachy Heppe, Senior Director of Corporate Compliance at Fluor Corporation.