Texas Women Lawyers is pleased to once again host its Annual Meeting and CLE for 2020 in McAllen, Texas, beginning with a Fiesta Reception for Conference Speakers and Sponsors on the Skywalk of the Casa De Palmas Wyndham on February 27th from 5:30 to 7:00 pm, followed by the CLE program at the Casa De Palmas Wyndham on February 28th.
Please join us for a day of learning about leadership from distinguished judges, academics, attorneys and other public figures.
See below for the fantastic speakers and content that will make this year’s Annual Meeting and CLE a must-attend event:
- Keynote Presentation by Tracy Saale, JD, CCEP, Retired FBI Agent and Vice President of Conduct Risk Management, Charles Schwab,
- Presentations to 2019 Pathfinder Award Recipient, U.S. District Judge Hilda Tagle, and 2019 Brenda Tso Rising Young Lawyer Award Recipient, Sara Stapleton Barrera;
- Welcoming Remarks by Myra Morris, President of Texas Women Lawyers; and McAllen Mayor Jim Darling;
- The Second Act: Taking Your Legal Career to a New Level by Veronica Gonzales, Vice President for Government and Community Relations at the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley;
- Divorce Ligitation – An Overview for the Non-Matrimonial Attorney: Roadmap of a Texas Divorce Action by Lucia Thompson, Palacios, Garza & Thompson, P.C.;
- Mental Wellness Breaking the Silence – A Path to Mental Health by Lauren Renee Sepulveda, TYLA Board of Directors – District 13 and Office of the Criminal District Attorney of Hildago County, Texas;
- Personal Injury Law 101: Handle a PI Case from A to Z, Moderator Krisi Kastl, Kastl Law, PC;
- A Bona Fide Discussion on Trial Techniques by Lisa Vasquez Garza, Roerig, Oliveira & Fisher, LLP, Laura Haley, Haley Law, and Laura Garcia, Federal Prosecutor, United States District Court, McAllen Division, Moderator: Sofia Ramon, Ramon Worthington;
- Ethical Considerations in Applying for Humanitarian-Based Immigration Relief by Jodi Goodwin, Law Office of Jodi Goodwin; and
- First Ladies of the Bench by Retired Senior Justice Linda Yanez, 13th Court of Appeals, Chief Justice Dori Contreras, 13th Court of Appeals, Justice Leticia Hinojosa, 13th Court of Appeals, Judge JoAnne Garcia, Hildalgo County Probate Judge, Moderator Judge Nereida Lopez Singleterry, Associate Judge of the Title IV-D Court, Master Court 1, Hildalgo County, Texas.