Texas Women Lawyers will mark its 25th Anniversary in 2019, and the organization has hosted its Annual Meeting and CLE every year since its inception. In honor of the occasion, TWL will host special events this year in Corpus Christi, beginning with an Anniversary Dinner at the Texas State Aquarium on March 1st to recognize all Past Presidents and Award Recipients, followed by the CLE program at the Holiday Inn Marina Downtown on March 1st. Registrations and sponsorship opportunities are open now at Eventbrite, and the program brochure is available below.
See below for the fantastic speakers and content that will make this year’s Annual Meeting and CLE a must-attend event:
- Keynote Presentation: Leadership is a Team Sport, by U.S. Army Lt. Gen. Flora D. Darpino, first female to hold the Judge Advocate position;
- Presentations to 2018 Pathfinder Award Recipient and 2018 Brenda Tso Rising Young Lawyer Award Recipient;
- Welcoming Remarks by Krisi Kastl, President of Texas Women Lawyers; and Hon. Debra Lehrmann, Texas Supreme Court Justice;
- Improving the Law Through Women in Public Service by Judge Barbara Canales, Nueces County Judge;
- Conversation with the Judiciary, facilitated by Justice Gina Benavides, Thirteenth Court of Appeals Justice; with Judge Nelva Gonzales Ramos, U.S. District Judge for the Southern District of Texas, Corpus Christi Division; Justice Rebecca Martinez, Fourth Court of Appeals Justice; Judge Renee Betancourt, 44th District Court Judge, Hidalgo County; and Justice Debra Lehrmann, Texas Supreme Court Justice;
- TYLA Presentation: Compassion Fatigue Awareness by Sally Pretorius, President of Texas Young Lawyers Association;
- Criminal Law 101: A Perspective From a District Attorney with Honorable Sharen Wilson, Tarrant County District Attorney;
- MDL 101: A Primer on Mass Tort Litigation and How Women Can Get More MDL Exposure by Kathy Snapka, Snapka Law Firm;
- Political Asylum: Handling the Parent/Child Separation by Thelma Garcia, Law Office of Thelma Garcia; and
- Running for Office by Vicki Slater.