TWL In Brief: 2016
- 2016 CLE Update – People had a great time at the 2016 CLE in San Antonio. The Judges’ Panel was a hit. The judges graciously agreed to extend the panel an extra thirty minutes … on a Friday. Great job by all the speakers. Planning is already underway for the 2017 CLE which will be in Dallas. Date TBD.
- 2016-2017 Membership – If you were not able to attend the CLE this year, you can sign up online by clicking here REGISTER or by mailing in the linked membership form MEMBERSHIP FORM Attendees at the 2016 CLE automatically get membership in TWL.
- Do you like to write? The TWL Board is accepting articles on advancing women in the law. TWL will establish a review process and publish articles on its various media platforms. Please submit any articles to firstname.lastname@example.org One issue the Board has discussed is the importance of having better outreach with the consumers of legal services to help them help us make the legal process be more equitable for all. Many legal consumers
- March is Women’s History Month. Here is a history tidbit that many do not seem to remember in our credit card rich society. Did you know that women did not have ready access to credit before 1974? Congresswoman Lindy Boggs from New Orleans became a champion of equal rights for women and inserted language in the Equal Credit Opportunity Act which barred discrimination over sex or marital status.
- Opportunities. Check out the TWL Facebook page of Twitter for some great job opportunities. OnrampFellowship.com has several openings in Texas for women lawyers who took a break from the practice. TWL FACEBOOK Also, the SEC is hiring in Fort Worth.
- Keep in Touch. You can submit ideas, suggestions or reach out to TWL to get more involved or co-sponsor events by email – CLICK TO EMAIL TWL Also, the TWL website has been updated to show the current Board Members and Committees. Thank you to Misty Blair for all her work on the website. CLICK TO GO TO TWL WEBSITE
Deirdre Carey Brown